Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goals.

It's good to have goals, right? And to be accountable. So that is what I am doing. I'm giving myself some goals to drop some LB's. And by telling you, I'm making myself accountable. So, here we go.

Goal: Drop weight by 17 pounds
Method: Eat healthier + be more active.
Reward: Milestone rewards!
Deadline: Vegas, baby! (A group of friends and I are planning a girls getaway to Vegas in September)

With each milestone, I will reward myself with some of the stuff that I've been wanting, but never buying because it's a little too self-absorbent.

FIVE: this beautiful bracelet.


TEN: an embroidered pillow that I've been eying at Target. I'd better act fast, cause this may not last long on their site!


FOURTEEN: Now, a dishtowel may not seem that exciting, but I am in love with this one. All the beautiful stitching just makes me melt. And I'm not the type who would buy it and never use it. I actually think it would look even better with a little wear. So, really, I'd be doing it a favor, right?


SEVENTEEN (the end!!!): this magnificant piece of equipment!

I have been wanting a new camera for a while, but always felt guilty for spending the money. I've read a lot about this particular camera and even hope to take a online photography class taught by one of my favorite bloggers, Karen Russell. I'm not so sure that the class will work out, cause her courses fill up within minutes after she opens them. But, a girl can try, right? I guess if I can't get in her class I'll have to find a different one - cause I definitely will need help learning how to work this thing!

THE KEEP-IT-OFF-REWARD: now, everybody knows that keeping weight off is almost as difficult as losing it. For this reason, I am giving myself incentive to prevent that. At six months, if I haven't gained more that 2-3 pounds (we gotta be realistic, the holidays are in that window of time :), then I am buying some big, new, fabulous lamps. Again, something I have been wanting for a while, but never indulgent enough to buy. Don't have these picked out yet, but they may look something like this.


Okay, so there you have it. Now I've put it out there. There's no turning back. I'm really hoping this rewards system is the ticket to geting me to the end! So, next time I'm craving a chocolate Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard, I can just think of all my "prizes".

I've never really lost any serious weight in my life - besides the lbs. I naturally dropped after having babies. Other than that, never more that five or so pounds. So, if anybody has any tips, please share! I've also been considering setting up rewards for working out. That is actually the hardest part of this commitment. I always have about twenty things to do, so getting the gym to the top of my priority list is always a challenge.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Kylie. So you're actually human? You gain weight? :)
    First off, You look great now!!!
    But if you're unhappy, I'm here for you. I've learned quite a few calorie cutting tips through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great as well, but you have my full support sister!! Maybe after I get moved I will join the cause with you!! :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's here and what you think! Leave a comment!