Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tricky, tricky.

Lilah is learning new things every day and I caught some of her latest ones on video.


If you want to fast forward to the best parts: 0:50, 2:20

Took care of a little craving for some hands-on creativity this weekend and made a patchwork cover for my very ugly, old address book.

I was able to use up some of the scraps I had kept from Lilah's baby quilt, which always feels good. What also feels good? Making something and keeping it for MYSELF! Seems I'm always satisfying somebody else's need - a handmade birthday gift, a client's rush job, my boss' direction, and on and on.

One of my online crushes, Karen Russell, is offering an online class for photography, which I am SO wanting to take. Her stuff is beautiful. I love that it's so real and the colors are always beautiful. She really knows how to capture the moment. I'm so tired of trying to get everybody to look at the camera (and failing at it), guessing at which settings are right for the lighting I have, and ending up with crap for pictures. Seems like I only get one good one for every 30 or 40 I snap! And that's not an exaggeration!

The perfect example: Easter weekend. There we were with an ADORABLE little girl with an ADORABLE little Easter dress on and I end up with some half-baked photos. Even after I played with them in Photoshop, they still aren't anything to get excited about. They just don't do the day justice.





So, maybe I'll save up my $250 and get in line with the other 400 people that are dying to take her class (which only has room for 50). I had better luck getting the Jewel tickets than I will have at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's here and what you think! Leave a comment!