Sunday, October 19, 2008

Greens and yellows and browns, oh my.

Went with my friend, Michelle, to a great quilting store, called The Button Hole, in McPherson, KS this weekend. She has never quilted before and was very curious. I am a beginner who pretends to know what she is talking about. We make a funny combination. Anyways, she bought an awesome bunch of fabrics to make a friend a baby quilt, and I, as usual, bought a few mismatched, but beautiful fabrics - and an overambitious quilt pattern. Mostly just came home with some inspiration and motivation to actually get something made.




Also put together a cover for what will be a baby book for the new baby. Kinda boyish, I know. But don't the floral patterns help girl it up a little?


And, on the family front - here are a few pics of my nephew, Jak's, 2nd birthday party.


SPvqGDAKMII/AAAAAAAAAVU/cAlW4RjieGA/s1600-h/DSC06718.jpg">

The Cars cake was made by my SIL's sister, Kathleen. She has quite a knack for cakes and gets more impressive ! So pretty we had a hard time cutting into it.

And one to prove that I am truly pregnant :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the baby book. That turned out really nice. The ribbon looks great on it and I think your son or daughter will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's here and what you think! Leave a comment!